Beaver Builder 1.9 (Shasta) Release
Just a few hours after the release of WordPress 4.7, the guys at Beaver Builder released version 1.9 of the plugin and this one has some exciting, long awaited features to introduce.
- Added the ability to drop columns into columns.
- Added the ability to drag and drop existing columns.
- Made multiple improvements for more accurate dragging and dropping.
- Added responsive settings for margins, padding and borders.
- Added new content page templates.
- Template images are now loaded via HTTPS.
- Added the ability to open a lightbox via a button.
- Added the ability to add an alpha slider to color fields.
There has already been much buzz about the columns in columns and the ability to drag-n-drop columns. so let’s take a deeper look at one of the other new additions you might overlook.
Lightbox Option for Buttons
Now there is a new option called Click Action where you can select between Link and Lightbox. Link behaves like you expect a button to behave, by linking to somewhere. The lightbox option opens a simple html editor for adding content, then opens that content in a simple lightbox.
Lightbox Content Type For Video
If you want to open video in the lightbox, there is a Content Type option where you can simply paste the link.
The options are few so those who need more options will want to look for a suitable addon, such as Power Pack for their modal popups module.